Monday, November 24, 2008

Kiana's New Haircut

Last week at daycare Kiana decided to cut her hair. Even though I couldn't tell she had cut it - she decided that she wanted to get her hair cut short again.

If you don't know the story, here goes. I always intended to let her hair grow until at least Kindergarten. Her hair was about an inch long when she was born - which was shocking because Cameron was practically bald - and what little hair he did have you could barely see because it was so blond. Kiana's was a light brown when she was born.

Well her hair continued to grown - and the hair she was born with turned blond - it never fell out. So when she was 3 1/2 it was halfway down her back.

That day at daycare - 1 1/2 years ago - I got a call that a girl in class had cut Kiana's hair. I was furious. Why were the kids using scissors and not being supervised closely enough? I had a heated discussion with the daycare owner - and she basically could have cared less about my concerns. My hands were tied. We did look for other daycares at the time - but no one had openings!!!! So - we had to go get her hair cut in a similar bob to the new cut now - but the cut was better the first time.

As if that weren't bad enough - about a month later I got a phone call from daycare AGAIN. The same child that had cut Kiana's hair the first time - had snuck a pair of scissors from her house - and when they went out on the playground - she cut Kiana's hair AGAIN. This time there was no fixing the damage. She cut on the right side about to inches from the part - a huge chunk out.

Mind you - that hair has just now grown out well enough to blend in and not be noticed - when Kiana decides she wants it cut now!!! So much for pretty long blond hair in Kindergarten!! It is still cute - but I 100% prefer it longer.










1 comment:

Maggie said...

OMG I bet you were BOILING!!! Well, I agree, I do like her hair long, too, but she is SUPER cute with it short, as well!!

Natalie just got her hair cut into a similar bob. She and Kiana both look ADORABLE with short hair!! =)

LOL Did you go back up to the daycare and raise cain?!