Sunday, October 25, 2009

Barn Dance Cotillion

Saturday night Cameron's cotillion theme was Barn Dance. So, he wore a western shirt - but that is as country as this boy gets!!

The lighting in this pic is horrible - but here he is:


After cotillion, the kids got together for a bon fire (in a fire pit). They roasted marshmallows and ate chili dogs. I made some food for him to take.

First I made a pumpkin cheese ball - this didn't get much action so it must not have been very good. I don't know - I had never made it before. Here is a pic:


Then I made a caramel popcorn crunch with cashews and pecans - then drizzled with white and milk chocolate. It was so good - I made a double batch so we had some at the house. I found the recipe here.
Here it is cooling on the counter:


I am pretty sure Cameron had a good time that evening. Only 2 more times for cotillion this year.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Yum, that popcorn looks DE-vine!! =) The pumpkin ball looks good, too... oh well, if it didn't taste good, at least it was cute to look at!! haha